Glossary of terms used in this resource.
- 4 Essentials of Active Support: are Every moment has potential, Little and often, Maximising choice and control, and Graded assistance to ensure success. The 4 Essentials were developed by Jim Mansell and Julie Beadle-Brown.
- Active Support: a practice designed to increase the engagement of people with intellectual disabilities in meaningful activities and social interactions.
- Five tasks of Frontline Practice Leadership: 1. Focusing staff attention on quality of life; 2. Allocating and organising staff; 3. Observing staff, giving feedback, coaching and modelling good practice; 4. Supervising practice of each staff member; 5. Facilitating team work and team meetings.
- Frontline Practice Leadership: the set of tasks that are critical to ensuring good quality support for people with intellectual disabilities.
- Quality of Life: what it means to live a good life.
- Strengths-based: focusing on the ability, capacity, and potential of a person.